Sunshine & Love

Sunshine & Love

Monday, November 12, 2012

M.I.A.

I've been gone a lot lately, but I'm determined to keep this up for my journal's sake!

Here's what's been going on at the Gassin house lately:

The weekend before Adam finished working in Milwaukee, we met up in Chicago! Thankfully, his company paid for my plane ticket to fly up there, and he took a train down to the Windy City to meet me. We enjoyed a weekend full of relaxing, some work (for Adam), reading, sightseeing, eating deep dish pizza, and freezing. :) It was great. We love to travel.






I got home from Chicago on Monday, unpacked my bags, and packed again on Tuesday to head down to Houston with my mom to visit my sister Shelley, her husband, Paul, and their four (almost five) kids. I love living close to family! I thoroughly enjoyed talking to my mom for four hours each way, walking in and out of darling, antique and quilting shops, and reestablishing my "favorite aunt" status. ;)

 Lunch with the girls

 My tini 7-month pregnant sister, Shelley. Notice the shorts and short sleeves.
The weather in Houston is perfect right now!

 At the Blue Bell factory!



And now I'm back! Adam has been reassigned to Dallas (yay!) with some more traveling about 50% of the time. I got to take him to work this morning, and he is coming home in less than an hour for dinner. I'm remembering what it feels like to see my husband every day, and I'm pretty sure I could get used to it again...like, I'm already used to it.

We had a fun, relaxed weekend, complete with an impromptu water fight in our kitchen, dinner and games with friends, Redbox, naps, and breakfast for dinner on Sunday. As much as I love to travel, I love to be home.

No comments:

Post a Comment