Sunshine & Love

Sunshine & Love

Friday, October 5, 2012

The Creamery Incident

Two years ago today (in about 8 hours to be exact) marked the first day of the rest of forever with Adam. Of course, I didn't know it at the time.

I had just played in an intramural soccer game and decided to go to the Creamery on Ninth with my brother and sister to pack on all the calories I had just worked off. Part way through our time there, I saw a friend standing a few yards away, and he was with one of his friends. Friend A (the one I knew) had brought Friend B (the mystery man) to the creamery for a birthday treat to celebrate Friend B's birthday. I recognized Friend B as a guy whom I knew to be my brother's wife's friend's brother. I know, it's confusing. See, my brother's wife's friend had wanted to set me up with her brother, and consequently, I had seen a few photos of his handsome face. Hence, the reason I recognized him.

Long story short, I got up from the table to talk to Friend A, was formally introduced to Friend B, and the rest is history. Eleven days after that blessed event, I got a call from said Friend B; a few nights later, he picked me up on a tandem bike for our first, blind date; we fell in love sometime during the holidays; he asked me to marry him a few days after Easter; and four months after that, we were married.

Little did I know how much of an impact this day two years ago would have on my life. Little did I know that this handsome, mystery man would soon become my husband. And little did I know how much he would teach me about life, being happy, working hard, and treating others with kindness.

Needless to say, October 5th is a very good day every year...for lots of reasons.

Happy birthday to my sweet husband!

And to lengthen this already extremely mushy post, here are 24 things I love about Adam (in no particular order):

1. He is one of the hardest workers I know.
2. He likes to tease me that I'm older than he is.
3. He tickles me until I almost pop from laughter/squealing/sounds of not-quite-agony.
4. He loves his family very much.
5. He brushes, flosses, AND uses mouthwash all in the same night sometimes.
6. He is an awesome road trip rapper.
7. He believes in God, Jesus Christ, and the restored gospel on the earth.
8. He does little things to show me that he loves me, like leaving a trail of fortune cookies around the house that lead to a sweet note or putting Reese's peanut butter cups in our junk drawer - one for every week he's gone - before he flies out every Monday morning.
9. He won't be completely satisfied with anything until he has put all (and I mean all) the effort he has into it, no matter what it is.
10. He loves spicy food, cereal, and good salads.
11. He says, "Play nice with the other girls" every Sunday as we split for our Relief Society and Priesthood classes, and he always waits until someone is close enough to hear it. Just because he loves seeing people's reactions.
12. He makes me laugh every single day.
13. He tries to always be kind to others and treat them as God would.
14. He gets on these kicks when he repeats everything I say and thinks he's hilarious.
15. He is the cutest uncle to our 19 (and a half) nieces and nephews.
16. He sometimes makes up words to songs to get himself out of bed in the morning.
17. He is a perfectionist in some things, like the way he washes and irons his collared shirts, the way he puts his socks in his drawer, the way he creates Powerpoint presentations...
18. He loves to travel.
19. He is very conscious of how much and how often he is progressing at work, in our relationship, and in his testimony of the gospel.
20. He's frugal, but willing to spend money for a good time or to help someone in need.
21. He encourages and supports me in whatever I do, whether it's deciding to apply for grad school or not, cooking a new meal, or figuring out the best way to handle something difficult.
22. He gives me a back scratch whenever I ask for one.
23. He says some of the most sincere prayers I've ever heard.
24. He picked me!

2 comments:

  1. I. LOOOOVE. THIS. POST. ;) SO fun! I love your list. I love October 5th. I love that you made the effort to say hello to Friend A so you could also meet friend B. I am so glad this day would lead to me having SUCH an awesome, talented, sweet, equal to Adam's amazingness, sister!! I totally laughed out loud (#11) and got teary during your list. You two are such a dynamic amazing couple. I love watching you and am excited to see how the Lord uses you two. I sure love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never knew how you guys met! Loved this post, and so cute! Happy birthday to Adam, and I'm so glad you got such an amazing husband because you are amazing!

    ReplyDelete