After three whole months of play, Adam has officially been a working professional for a day and a half now. He left for work yesterday and by 9:41 am, I was already having withdrawals. Real life has begun.
We have LOVED this summer and feel blessed to have had so much time together. We spent the rest of our time in California going to the beach, playing ping pong, visiting Adam's grandparents, swimming, going on lots of Dairy Queen runs, attending the temple in San Diego, visiting my old roommate Janelle and her adorable baby, eating, celebrating the Fourth of July (complete with parfaits, of course), going to Sea World, and being with family.
We then roadtripped through seven states (with a pit stop in Kansas City to visit Adam's brother and his family) and arrived in Dallas just in time for my sister Autumn to get engaged! We are SO happy for her and can't wait to get a new brother in just three weeks. We've had fun staying with my parents these last two weeks and are excited to move into our new apartment this coming Thursday (our first home to ourselves since April)! We've spent our time finding an apartment, buying a mattress, waterskiing and wakeboarding, eating brisket and Blue Bell ice cream, being with family, celebrating my Dad's Olympic-themed birthday, and just enjoying our last few weeks of unreal life. Unfortunately, I don't have as many pictures here. For some reason, I don't think of taking pictures when I'm somewhere familiar. Here are a few of my dad's birthday:
We're a little obsessed with birthdays. And the Olympics. I can't wait to watch the Opening Ceremonies tonight. I can already feel that the next two weeks are going to be filled with a little more red, white, and blue! Go USA!!
What a fun birthday idea! I should have bet money on Adam winning a medal. It's not considered gambling when you know the outcome with 100% certainty, is it? Congratulations to the three of you. You must be proud.
ReplyDelete