Sunshine & Love

Sunshine & Love

Monday, November 19, 2012

UT Dallas, here I come!


I found out on Friday that I got accepted into the MBA program at The University of Texas at Dallas! I cannot wait to gain more education, learn how to be a better leader, and be back in school with peers, mentors, and future friends. I know it will be a challenge, but I am really excited for the things I will learn and the qualities I will develop. School starts on January 14th!

On Friday, I spent most of the day "up north" visiting my mom, sister-in-law, and nieces and was looking forward to a McKinsey & Company dinner with Adam and his coworkers that night. When I got home, I checked the mail and was surprised to see a letter from UTD. They had told me that it would take 4-6 weeks to hear back, and I had just turned in my applications two weeks and one day earlier! I thought, Maybe this is just something informational? for one split second before I convinced myself that it was, indeed, my acceptance/rejection letter. Adam wasn't home yet, but I walked back upstairs to our apartment and opened up the letter. As soon as I saw the words "Congratulations" and "Business Administration," I immediately started crying and walked directly to our room to kneel down and offer a prayer of gratitude to Heavenly Father. After a five-minute (and maybe embarrassing?) crying session prayer, I decided that I should probably go back out to the kitchen and read the rest of the letter. :)

Adam called a while later to let me know he was coming home from work before the dinner, but I wanted to tell him the news in person, so I didn't give anything away over the phone. Instead, I waited until he walked in the door to say "guess what?!" and shove the letter in his face. Needless to say, we were both very happy and very grateful.

It will definitely be a switch to go from my BYU mascot (cougar) to UTD's comet. And let's be honest, no one could ever replace Cosmo, and I'll always be true blue at heart. But, it will be fun to add another alma mater to my list when all of this is over.

I'm sure there will be hard days and times during my studying that I'll wonder what I've signed up for, but I am so excited for this experience! Go Comets! :)

2 comments:

  1. So excited for you! Congratulations, again. We love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SOOO exciting! So proud of you! You will do AMAZING and we can't wait to hear about your new adventures!

    ReplyDelete