Sunshine & Love

Sunshine & Love

Monday, October 15, 2012

One day...

Welp, Adam didn't get home until Saturday night last weekend because he had extra training in Atlanta, so we got to see each other yesterday, and then he took off again early this morning! But, I definitely feel blessed to be busy, to live close to family, and to have things like book club, lunch with friends, and the state fair this weekend to look forward to.

Here's a little update:

For Adam's birthday, we ate some good Tex Mex downtown, and I surprised him with Raisin Bran Crunch, new socks (thrilling, I know) and a slightly more exciting gift, a beard trimmer...he's wanted one for months so he can have eternal scruff. I also got his bike fixed and, with help from my mom and brother, brought it down to our apartment from my parents' house where it's been since we got married. I had led him to believe that we would pick it up a few days after his birthday when we were already planning on watching conference with my parents, but I tricked him and got it earlier than he expected. Muah ha ha. I hid it in our storage closet, and when he opened it up, he was very surprised, which I was happy about. After dinner and gift-opening, we had some friends over for cake and ice cream and games. We love our new friends. All in all, it was a successful 24th birthday celebration.



I'm lucky to live less than 40 minutes away from my parents, so while Adam was traveling last week, I went up to their house to visit for a day and a half. I went to a Relief Society activity with my mom, watched some of the VP debate with my dad, and then we all talked until midnight. The next day my mom and I made bread and pillows. It was great.

There's also a lovely touch of fall at my parents' house.

Yesterday, we attended stake conference, made really yummy cilantro lime tilapia tacos for dinner, went over to Jeremy and Amanda's for games with friends, and attempted a cute picture in which Adam (obviously) was not cooperative.

Life is good!

2 comments:

  1. I dont know how you do it. Not seeing Adam all week long and still remaining so positive. You inspire me. As always :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, you're sweet. We miss you guys! Give Landon and J-man a big hug for us. :)

    ReplyDelete