BUT. On top of fixing the slip cover, she also brought me my old sewing machine! I never had it in Utah because I thought it was too much of a hassle to lug around, so even just 36 hours later, I am loving having it again and being able to sew whenever I want. I'm sure the jeans I bought on sale that are too long will appreciate being hemmed soon. Today while Adam's been working, I completed a couple of projects:
Last week, I saw an ugly lamp in the trash at our apartment complex. Seeing as we didn't have a standing lamp, I took it. It's not stealing when someone's already decided to throw it away, right? It was a little wobbly and had a weird plastic piece sticking out of it:
So, yesterday after my mom left, I went to Jo-Ann's (which I could spend a week inside, by the way) and picked out some fabric and other girly, fringey things. Here's what I came up with:
I decided to use the rest of the fabric to make curtain ties for our red curtains (which Adam chose and purchased while I was out of town...he did a good job, eh?), and voila! Here's another before and after:
Your so crafty!!! I love it. I'm so glad you're having so much fun. I wish we were only 6 hours away from you instead of 20. Enjoy your sunday with Adam! Love you mel
ReplyDeletelook at you gettin' your craft on. i remember LOVING setting up our first apartment (not that it requires a good memory, it wasn't that long ago :) and i've liked it in every new apt we've moved into too. but there was something about that first place that was extra fun. maybe it was the feeling of freedom that i could decorate and organize an entire 1-bedroom apt however i wanted and for the first time in my life! love seeing your projects. keep 'em comin.
ReplyDelete