Adam and I have had a lot of celebrations lately.
First: Valentine's Day
I’m usually not a huge fan of Valentine’s Day. I’m festive, so I’ll wear pink and red, but it’s never really been a big deal at our house. Last year, Adam was in LA on the 14th, so he brought me two dozen GORGEOUS roses before he left. This year, we decided to have a free Valentine’s day, so I planned on making him breakfast. I made heart-shaped hard-boiled eggs, put some blueberries in the shape of a heart on top of his oatmeal, made some toast, and stuck it all on a red plate. I was feeling pretty good.
In the middle of the day, I got a call from Adam just to say hi and he loves me (one of the best things ever). I was looking forward to a dinner and movie at home (the free way), but instead I came home from work to awesome-smelling bbq meat in the crockpot and ANOTHER gorgeous bouquet of roses on the counter! After dinner, we watched a movie and ate a whole box of (free) chocolate-covered strawberries from Zupas. NOW ask me if I'm a fan of Valentine’s day…
Second: February 16th
In 2010 Adam and I went on our first date on the 16th of one month, and he first kissed me on the 16th of another month. It wasn't planned to happen that way, but it's an excuse to get to celebrate the 16th of every month, even if it's just by saying "Happy 16th." :) This past one was the sixteenth 16th that we've celebrated together, so we went to Macey's and got an ice cream cone...a really big one.
Third: Our Six-Month Anniversary!
The 19th was a Sunday, so we went to church to celebrate. :) The Friday night before, we played racquetball and then went to In-N-Out to gain all the calories back that we had just worked off. On Saturday we went to the beautiful Mt. Timpanogos temple.
Fourth: President's Day
Adam didn't have school, so naturally, I took off work. We played some pool and got Jamba Juice, and since the weather was so nice, we wanted to rent a tandem bike. After a few failed attempts, we changed our plan.
When was the last time you went roller blading? We found $2-roller blades at DI. Two dollars! Even better, they had no comfy boots inside. So, we wore thick socks, wrapped our feet in t-shirts and old hand towels, and voila! We were in business.
See why there are so many reasons to celebrate life with this cute man?

that ice cream cone looks delish. so happy you're blogging so i can keep track of you better. thank yours for the invite. much love.
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun post! You guys are so cute together! Enjoy this time - Michael and I always talk about how much fun we had when it was just us living in Provo (esp the free things BYU offers like racquetball - so fun! and Macey's huge ice cream) Yeah we miss it aton! I love seeing the cute things you guys do - and you are spoiled with such a thoughtful fun guy it sounds like - which makes me so happy! Did you know I still haven't met Adam yet? Hopefully that'll change someday, but for now I can get to know him through your blog!
ReplyDeleteI'm excited you're blogging. The KONG cone - one of the best deals there is! And the roller blades!?! That's really funny.
ReplyDeleteYou guys are the best!!! Oh and that picture didn't do those roller blades justice... haha! Love it. Thanks for stopping bye!
ReplyDeleteCOuld you guys be any cuter? So excited to see what you've been up to!
ReplyDeleteOH. MY. GOODNESS. I am so in love with you two. :) You are the cutest, most fun couple. I am glad Valentine's was special. FREE is ALWAYS fun...and so are special surprises! :) Way to go Adam. Ahhh, racquet ball! Memories! Sweet picture! In-N-Out wasn't in Utah when we were there, nor was Yogurtland. I think Krispy Kreme was new. Hahaa! Glad you got to enjoy. The rollerblades are AWESOME!!! I love that there were no boots. Way to improvise. Seriously, some of THE best memories and most FUN times are in Provo as newlyweds. ENJOY!! I love that you celebrate so many fun things. Why not?! Life is so much more fun! The 16th 16th....THAT is awesome. :) Glad you two are having fun. We are beyond excited to be only an hour away. We always love when you call, and Caitlyn was tickled that you'd call before her baptism. I am not sure who she talked to...but she loved it! BIG HUGS.
ReplyDeleteLoved reading the post! Helps in the missing you department.
ReplyDelete